Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Sydnee Rae Story (pictures en route)

So the day has arrived and much to our surprise a day early! Sydnee was born Saturday the 29th at 9:40 PM. She was 8 lbs 9 oz and 21 and 1/2 inches. This labor was full of surprised for me and just goes to prove that no to labors are alike. I started having contractions on a trip to Walmart which adds a nice touch. I have never started laboring by contractions only. My water broke with Crew and I was induced with Kennedi so I was second guessing my self a lot as to if these were legitimate labor pains. At the same time I was worried about getting two children through a shopping trip while in labor. I got home and got everyone and everything inside and decided to call Brady so I could really start paying attention to my body and get ready if needed.

We decided to pack up and go. I was still going up to Fort Collins for my appointment and was planning on delivering there too. So on the drive I was making all essential calls and really hoping that they weren't going to send us home. My dear friend Shari was watching the kids for us so we stopped by to drop them off. She also lives 3 minutes from the hospital which was really nice.

We get in and settle into our labor room and I am checked. I was dilated to a 6 and 90% effaced. The nurse assured me that I would be staying and having the baby. We checked in around 5 and just hung out for several hours. My contractions were not increasing intensity while very fast. I was actually surprised that things were coasting along like that. I had expect to be faster based on the last two. My midwife then decided to check me again and maybe break my water to see if that would help things along at all. Well she actually broke my water unintentionally just by checking my cervix and was nearly washed away in the process. Honestly the water sprayed and splashed. She said she hadn't seen so much water like that in a long time. It was literally pooling around me. Rather funny. Things did indeed pick up from there. My contractions got more intense and closer really fast. As things were gaining speed I was concerned about when to push because I don't get the sensation to push for feel that pressure. Or if I do my contractions are too intense to notice. So my midwife said we could check were I was at and go from there. She said it looked like I was probably ready and could push on the next contraction. So I did and they shouted "stop, stop, wait!" She was already starting to crown so everyone scrambled to get all the towels and other delivery things ready. Then next push she was out! And boy was it a push. I'm sure that entire wing of the hospital heard me.

Now Syndee and I are both happy and healthy and glad to have it all over. We will provide pictures soon. Hopefully we'll be home tomorrow and then the adventure of 3 kids begins!

4 comments:

empty nester said...

We are so excited and grateful everything is OK. Love you all! Can;t wait for pictures.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Congrats! What an exciting story! I always find it humorous when they tell a woman in labor to "wait" :) Your babies are so BIG it's no wonder the entire hospital wing heard you! Can't wait to see pictures!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! I'm glad it went well and was short. Also glad baby and mom are healthy!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! I'm glad it went well and was short. Also glad baby and mom are healthy!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones