Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas and stuff

Sorry it's been so long since our last post. I've really been hit and miss with motivation lately. So here is A LOT of pictures to make up for it.

There is a nice trail just outside of town that we have enjoyed.

Robot Crew. Never underestimate the imagination of a 4 year old.

Crew and Brady took a walk near our home and this was a neat picture Brady took.

The first snowman of the year!! This snow was melted away the next day and it wasn't until last thursday (about two months later) that we saw any more snow. It was not a white christmas but it was a white new year.

Fall clean up with our little helpers!

Daddy got really ambitious one day and made the king of all blanket forts. We left it up all day.

The fort dwellers.

My parents and two of my sisters came for Thanksgiving. We had a great time together. Grandpa spent a large portion of time on the floor playing legos with Crew. He made some pretty impressive creations. Many of which were destroyed minutes later. One of the many hazards of building things with Kennedi around.

This is a PURE BOY picture. At first he wanted me to wrap him up like a mummy then he turned into a ninja. I love boys!

This has become Kennedi's new favorite activity. She pulls my basket of snow gear off the self and just sits there laughing to herself. This day Crew was her helper.

Kendi's hair is getting longer so I tried to see how many pigtails I could do. It's hard to see clearly but there is four.

Christmas eve the kids sprinkle a mix of glitter and oats on the lawn so Santa can see the glitter and the reindeer can smell the oats and then they can find our house better. This is a fun tradition Grandma Nordfelt started with us.

Crew is more of a dumper than a sprinkler.


Another tradition on Christmas eve is to open one present before bed. This is a shot of Crew accidentally opening the wrong present. Oops!

Here's Kendi Christmas morning before I woke her up.

Look at what Santa brought!

It took a while for Kennedi to wake up but the purse, stroller, and baby (not shown) were a HUGE hit. Sometimes Santa really gets it right.

The aftermath. I felt like we hung out in that little area for the better part of the rest of the day.

Playing in the toy box. Crew has now moved into his own bedroom and Kennedi will room with the baby once she's born. So we now have to take turns with whose room we play in. I enjoy the change.

Hope all of your holiday activities were as enjoyable as ours!! Don't be surprised if our next post is of our happy addition. I'm due on the 30th!

4 comments:

empty nester said...

Thanks so much for the for the post. Makes me so homesick to see you all. One of these years, we are going to be there for Christmas morning with you. That's our Christmas wish. Love you all.

Nicole said...

Hey, I found your blog..hope you don't mind that I follow along. If you want to check out ours, email me and I'll give you permissions.
Good luck with the new baby! Your family is adorable.

Nicole

Nicole said...

oh my email is
nrhien@gmail.com

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I can't believe Crew is FOUR! When I last saw him he still wasn't talking... well, that's a lie, he was saying LOTS but none of it was understandable. What a big kid now!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones